The Benriner Slicer Story....

Ohhhh My Goodness,
Ok, well first let me tell you, I have a little fetish...
for all things that slice and dice.  I am drawn to them on thrift store shelves, flea market tables and yard sale boxes....like a moth to a flame.   Most of the time after examining them in awe and wonder I put them down and walk away, just a little disappointed  that I will not be the one to give them a new home. The other day I was not able to walk away.  I stopped at a near by thrift store that I visit infrequently,  only because I haven't really found all that much there.  But this day I had a feeling.  Was it the bookcase for my office?  matching night stand for the guest room? What was drawing me there? Something I "needed" surely!  I walked down the aisles a little disappointed and then
I saw the box
I was intrigued.  The price on the bottom was $61.99     no really,  yeah,  I thought at first it was Yen but nope it was dollars....

Here is what it looks like inside, this pic is from Amazon cuz right now mine is in the sink :)


....
And they only wanted $2.00 for it!
I got it home and played..... making long spiral strings with all my veggies, I was makin soup anyway LOL






No comments:

Post a Comment